Last month was about settling into our new home and area. This month is a little bit more about working than playing, but we’ll try and fit a bit of that in too.
I’m busy getting an application together for the start of November for a Primary PGCE. The course won’t start until next Autumn, but there’s lots of hoops to jump through before the application can even be submitted, so I’m focused on that right now. Once O has gone to bed on the evenings that B is at work I’m busy revising GCSE maths for the skills tests you take as part of your application – I feel 16 again! It’s exhausting, but hopefully will all be worth it in the end.
Here’s what we’re up to this month:
- Me and O are off to our first bloggers meet up in Birmingham on Saturday. I can’t decide if I’m more excited or nervous, whereas O is just looking forward to the fuss (that and the cake!)
- Spending a day at a PGCE open day.
- Doing a week’s work experience at my old Infant school in Surrey – I’ll have to get used to being called ‘Miss’ again. O is being looked after by my Mum and B, so she’ll get some quality time with her Nanny and Daddy, which they all love.
- Doing 2 day’s work experience with a team that works with schools to support children with additional educational needs. I have a feeling it will be an eye-opener… It also involves leaving O overnight, which I haven’t done before (I’m trying not to think about that bit too much!)
- Catching up with my Postcircle letters.
- Making a start on a Christmas shopping list – I know it’s early, but we’re having an early celebration at the start of November(!!) with family we can’t visit over the festive period.
- Finishing my PGCE application to send off when they open on November 1st.
- Going for long walks through the fallen leave. I’ve got my new coat to keep my nice and toasty in the chilly Autumnal air.
- Making this piccalilli and some chutney so it has time to mature before Christmas.
What are you up to this month?