Last month didn’t quite go as planned with yet more illness hitting our house, but we’re all on the mend now (I hope!) so this month we’re going to make the most of not being cooped up at home feeling sorry for ourselves. Now the clocks have changed we’re going to try and spend as much time outdoors as possible getting lots of lovely fresh air. Fingers crossed the sun feels like making an appearance too!
Here’s how our April is shaping up:
- Driving down to Surrey for a long weekend with my parents. It’s been a while since I last saw them, so it will be lovely to spend a few days having a good old catch up.
- Posting off my choices for my Any Other Woman bookswap recipient. I really hope they like what I’ve bought for them!
- Enjoying a rare day out with B. He’s off work, O is at nursery and the school I volunteer at is on their Easter break so we’ll have a whole day just the two of us. We’re planning to get the train into Manchester, have lunch at Jamie’s Italian (I was kindly given a voucher for Christmas) and then go to the cinema. I can’t wait.
- Having a friend to visit for the weekend while B works. We’re going to do a national trust visit and take O swimming, as well as lots of nattering and tea drinking.
- Planning a day trip to London to meet my best bud from Northern Ireland. We haven’t seen each other since we left in August, and have been surviving by skype and email contact. It’s high time that changed!
- Again, trying (and probably failing) to get into a regular blogging schedule. I have so many posts mentally written it’s untrue.
- Spending more time focussing on getting O’s sleep sorted. She’s in a toddler bed now, which has helped no end, but still uses us to soothe herself back to sleep when she wakes. We need to break that cycle.
- Sitting down and sorting out a realistic budget and sticking to it. The first thing I need to tackle is our food bills. I used to be really disciplined with it, but just lately tiredness and laziness has got the better of me. No more!
- Watching more episodes of the first series of The Bridge. We are so late to the game, but oh my are we enjoying it!
- Hoping that O’s next two teeth make an appearance soon. We’re all longing for the day when the teething stage is over…
- Planning some lovely surprises for B whose birthday is at the start of May. I do love spoiling him.
Have a wonderful month you lovely lot!